5 days to
intention and personal mantra
online self-care course
Did you know that most New Year's Resolutions FAIL before the end of January! They fail because they are often framed in the negative, and admonishing yourself for doing something you think you should not be doing. That usually does not work! Setting an intention (also called a sankalpa) is different. You come up with a statement that will help you take one step toward resolving your current stressors. You phrase your intention in positive language and in present tense as if it is already true. This is a proven method of transforming how you think, feel, speak about your challenging situation, as well as your actions in the world around it. Doesn't that sound better?
In this course you will be led through five days of intentional practice and take time to discover what your heart's greatest wish for self-transformation is through contemplation, mudra, and japa mala - using a mala, or set of prayer beads, that act as a counting tool as you repeat your intention 108 times. This is an extremely powerful way to make change in your life and can be a meaningful way to start off the New Year.
Access course through the Yoga Encyclopedia App downloadable from the app stores or through a web browser.
What You Get:
- Self-guided course of pre-recorded lectures, guided video and audio practices, and a worksheet that will help you find and refine your heart's wish for self-transformation and healing.
- Lifetime access to the lessons, you can return to them time and time again.
- Daily emailed practice prompts will arrive each day to remind you to log into the system and access the day's lesson.
- Day 1: A guided heart-opening mudra meditation to help you uncover your intention
- Day 2: Why chanting works and importance of vibration, why chanting "Aum" is so important and why the number 108 is considered sacred. Then use your mala (or fingers) to practice Aum japa mala.
- Day 3: Chanting other bija mantras to open your heart, heighten mental stimulation, and remove obstacles
- Day 4: Use the provided worksheet to transform your intention into a Sanskrit mantra.
- Day 5: Use your Sanskrit mantra (or English equivalent) with your mala
Purchase Hand-knotted Mala:
Purchase a gemstone mala hand-knotted by Cheryl; the beads are infused with Reiki symbols compatible with the healing properties of the stones. Read more about the Healing Properties of Gemstones.