Yoga Therapy Mentorship (100 hours)
As a Yoga Alliance Qualified Continuing Education Provider, enrollment is open for a 6-month, 100-hour yoga therapy mentorship for 200-hr yoga teachers wishing to deepen their understanding of therapeutic yoga. You will learn:
Schedule a complimentary 30-minute Zoom chat with Cheryl.
- Attend two public classes per week 52 hours):
- Monthly Mentoring Check-in Call to discuss progress and provide guidance through the process. (6 hours)
- Independent Study (30 hours):
- Research three health conditions from the Western and Eastern perspectives
- Create therapeutic sequences for each condition
- Teach your sequences to your own students and to Cheryl with feedback
- Online Course Material (12 hours):
- Select content from the following topics to add up to 12 hours.
* Denotes online courses already available
▴Denotes online courses coming soon.
All other courses will be done on Zoom calls.
Healing Yoga for Cancer:
- Cancer and the Physical Practices (6 hours)▴
- Cancer and the Subtle Practices (6 hours)▴
The Subtle Practices:
- The Subtle Body (5 hours)*
- Yoga Nidra Training (5 hours) *
- Introduction to Mudra (1 hour)▴
- Grounding Mudra (2 hours)▴
- Energizing Mudra (2 hours)▴
- Mudra for Meditation (2 hours)▴
- Mudra for Healing (3 hours)▴
- Therapeutic Pranayama (3 hours)
- Common Yoga Chants (3 hours)
- Yoga for Sciatica (3 hours)
- Yoga for Osteoporosis (3 hours)
- Yoga for Menopause (3 hours)
- Yoga for Insomnia (3 hours)
- Somatic Movement Therapy (4 hours)
- Preventing Injuries (4 hours)▴
- Restorative Yoga (3 hours)
- Yin Yoga (3 hours)
- Chair Yoga (3 hours)
- Downward Dog Clinic (3 hours)
- Deconstructed Sun Salutation (2 hours)
- Adaptive Inversions (3 hours)
- Monthly hour requirement is approximately 16 hours per month totaling 100 hours at the end of 6 months. You will be required to keep track of your hours for Yoga Alliance on the provided YA Hours Tracking worksheet. All hours are considered non-contact hours and a certificate of completion will be provided.
Application & Fees:
Only two teachers are accepted into each semester, applications currently being accepted.
- Spring Semester: February 1 - July 31, applications due January 1.
- Fall Semester: August 1-January 31, applications due July 1.
- Completed Mentorship Application
- A copy of your 200-hour teaching certificate.
- A letter of recommendation from one of your teachers.
- Complete Teacher Mentorsihp-Application Fee payment to reserve your space; monthly and quarterly payment plans available.
Teacher Mentorship - Application Fee
The application and fee are due one month prior to your mentorship semester start date and are required to reserve your space.
Teacher Mentorship - Full Payment
Full payment for the six month 100-hour teacher mentorship.
Teacher Mentorship - 2 Quarterly Installments
Two quarterly installments of $775 each for the six month 100-hour teacher mentorship.
Please Note: A $25 installment fee is included in each payment
I have just completed the 100 hour Yoga Therapy for Cancer Mentorship (Yoga Alliance approved) with Cheryl. Even though I live in the Bay Area and Cheryl lives in North Carolina, we were able to communicate weekly via phone and email. Cheryl guided me towards designing effective sequences for individuals who are, like me, going through cancer treatment. I felt free to talk to her about personal concerns and limitations, and together, we established a fantastic relationship through the yoga journey. Cheryl listens well and guides effectively. But most importantly, she allows you the time and space to discover and explore your yogic path so that you can teach and practice with authenticity. I highly recommend working with this fantastic yogi! -Natalie B.
I have been richly blessed to have Cheryl as a yoga therapy instructor and mentor. She is an articulate and compassionate teacher who integrates asana, pranayama, mudra, chanting, yoga philosophy, and subtle body anatomy into each class experience. The weekly assistant position for one of her therapeutic yoga classes offers a consistent opportunity to observe her techniques and ask questions about her approach. Cheryl also cultivates a comfortable practice teaching environment where she provides constructive feedback on the content and delivery of your yoga protocols. I have grown immensely as a yoga therapist and teacher through my work with Cheryl! - Dr. D. Jacobson
Cheryl is one of the most experienced yoga teachers I have come to know for yoga therapy and students with various body limitations. Cheryl has a relaxed and approachable teaching style that I appreciate. I always learn something new with each class from Cheryl. Highly recommend Cheryl! -Cindy A.
Cheryl is a strong and true teacher of yoga, particularly its therapeutic aspects. She has spared no effort in cultivating her knowledge, devotion, and fitness of her chosen field. As a Mentee who has received her 100-hour training in Healing Yoga for Cancer Survivorship, I have particularly enjoyed discussing actual cases with her, protecting of course the privacy of the people involved. Without pretense or false modesty, Cheryl goes straight to the heart of each question I ask. She has elucidated the practices of chanting, mudras, mantram, prana, asana, Yoga Nidra, and dhyana, and also provided commentary on the koshas and chakras. If you want a good head-start, buy her CD on Yoga Nidra, lie in a comfortable, quiet place, and prepare to slip into restful bliss... - Jido F.
My mentorship with Cheryl has taken my teaching to a whole new level. I am deeply grateful for her integrity and authenticity. She has the ability to teach practices for the subtle body and create healing spaces in a way unlike any teacher I have known. She is the real deal. I was complimented recently on how I broke down and offered a deep, new practice that I was presenting in class. I have Cheryl to thank for that: she presents this profound work of accessing healing from within with intelligence and presence and backs it up by practicing what she preaches. Deep bow, woman. Deep bow." - Bethany H.
As a three time cancer survivor and newly certified yoga teacher, I found my yoga therapy mentorship with Cheryl Fenner Brown to be immensely valuable to my growth as a teacher and my understanding of how yoga can benefit people with disabilities. Cheryl offers a structured mentorship program that includes attending her public classes, assisting her in weekly classes for people with cancer, and doing teaching exercises to address a particular condition. She taught me many things that were previously included in my practice or teaching, such as chanting, mudras, chakras, and yoga nidra. For one of my teaching exercises, I researched how yoga nidra can benefit people with Parkinson’s, wrote a yoga nidra script that addressed balance and walking (a common issue for people with this condition), then had the exciting opportunity to teach two yoga nidra classes for people with Parkinson’s. Cheryl is an experienced and creative teacher and a wonderful person. I feel very fortunate to have studied with her. -Charis. M.