Training & Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers
Join Cheryl Fenner Brown, C-IAYT and cancer specialist for this intensive training where you will learn how to bring the life-affirming practices of yoga to cancer patients and survivors. This weekend immersion for 200-hr yoga teachers includes a well-rounded look at restorative and gently active asana (poses), mudra (hand gestures), pranayama (breathing), mantra (chanting and sound), sankalpa (intention), and yoga nidra (guided relaxation). You will learn:
- The anatomy of cancer and how yoga helps strengthen the immune system
- Why certain types of practices are safe for patients in treatment and why others should be avoided
- Gentle protocols appropriate for cancer patients receiving chemotherapy, radiation, and other treatments.
- Evidence-informed yoga protocol from the Healing Yoga for Cancer Survivorship (HYCS) feasibility study
- On-the-mat strategies for those experiencing treatment side effects such as lymphedema, anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, neuropathy, brain fog, and digestive distress.
- The basics of Yoga Nidra and a sample script for those on a healing journey
- Case study group work with real-life examples
- A discussion on how to bring this work into your community