Build a Home Yoga Practice Course
THEN THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU!
What You Get
Join integrative yoga therapist and senior yoga teacher Cheryl Fenner Brown, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500 for a guided 12-week course to help you build your own home practice. This course is very different from all the other free content you might find on YouTube or in other yoga courses because:
- We will have four 30-minute check-in calls throughout the course via phone, Zoom or Skype. Our first conversation will be an assessment when we discuss your health history and any injuries or chronic illnesses you are managing and formulate an intention for your yoga journey. I will give personalized suggestions to help you get the most out of your study time. Then every three weeks we will have another call so I can help you along the way. At the end we will finish up with a final call to gauge your readiness to continue with more courses on the subtle practices, yoga nidra meditation, and more.
- Each week I will release one of twelve 45-60 minute classes for you to follow along with at home on your smart phone, iPad, laptop or smart TV. Simpy set up your mat and follow along with the video 2-3 times a week. These classes are pose-specific and include both standing and seated poses along with my extremely popular three class Downward Dog Clinic that explains in detail how to have a stronger, more aligned Downward Dog.
- Two full-length bonus practices that you can access mid-way through the course, including my popular Z-Pose Series and a class on Prone Backbends.
- Along with the class, each week there will be a short practice, I am calling them "Yoga Breaks" that you can do at any time, any where you need to take a moment to center yourself in your body and begin to make yoga a part of your daily routine.
- Access to a special Facebook group where you can communicate with the others taking the course, your cohort!
- In the group, I will post weekly Facebook Live videos with hints, tricks and tips to make your home practice more successful and fulfilling. Here you can ask questions that I will answer live, you won't be alone on your journey to having a dedicated home practice!
What You Will Learn
You will learn the basics of yoga asana (posture) practice from an expert teacher who has taught hundreds of beginners by breaking down each pose in an easy-to-understand way. By practicing along with the videos several times in a week, you will start to internalize the instructions, engage your muscle memory, and become familiar with the postures and breathing exercises.
Class Topics by Week:
Yoga Breaks by Week:
Watch this special message from Cheryl