Register for Gentle Yoga at Bahama Ruritan Club
The Bahama Ruritan club is proud to announce that they will be hosting a six-week series of gentle yoga for the benefit of members and the community.
- This series is perfect for beginners, older adults, or students who have gotten away from the practice
- Learn simple practices such as posture, breathing, mudra, sound and relaxation techniques.
- Feel stronger, more flexible, gain balance in body and mind, and come away with the tools to make yoga and mindfulness a part of your everyday self-care
- All local Ruritan Club families receive 15% discount by using code RURITAN15 during checkout
(prices with discount - full series $161.50, Monday only $102, and Thursday only $85)
- QUESTIONS: Contact Nancy Williams, (919) 943-5577
Please Bring the Following Props:
Wear comfortable clothing that you can move in, shoes will need to be removed to practice. You will also need to provide your own yoga props, links for an inexpensive online retailer are listed below. You can also find most of these props on Amazon, at Target, and other local sports retailers for approximately $50 for the kit.
Optional Assessments Available
Are you dealing with a medical diagnosis, injury, joint issue, or chronic condition that may affect your participation in a public class? Are you brand new to yoga and want a bit of one-on-one instruction before you participate in a public class? Cheryl is offering optional half-price 60-minute assessments to participants of the Introduction to Yoga series which will need to be scheduled prior to the first class on November 11. Use the code INTRO-ASSESS to book your $50 session at Cheryl's Bahama healing space.
About your Teacher
CHERYL FENNER BROWN, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500
Cheryl found yoga in 2001 and became enchanted by the subtle connections between breath, body, mind, and emotion. Students appreciate her educational approach and her knowledge of anatomy, philosophy, asana, mudra, chanting, pranayama and yoga nidra delivered with compassion and humor. She specializes in working with people over 50, cancer patients, and those with structural injuries and ailments.